Department: Community Services
Responsible to: Director of Community Services
Salary: £22,000 per annum
Contract: 1 year
Objectives of the Post:
At Ashford Place, we run a project which the Brent and Kilburn Times dubbed 'London's first fully serviced [Day and] Night Centre'. It provides emergency accommodation for up to 30 rough sleepers a night, and throughout the day we help them find long term secure and stable accommodation.
We are looking for a competent, committed, passionate and computer literate individual who can act as the lead administrator, responsible for a variety of tasks and an integral part of running a smooth and orderly service.
Responsibilities of the Administrator include:
- Ensuring all clients are logged onto our database and all necessary information is recorded.
- Supporting clients with a range of welfare and housing issues.
- Carry out initial assessment on housing clients.
- Undertaking pre-tenancy work with clients, including setting up Housing Benefit and other benefits, securing grants and loans.
- Recording and managing income in our Housing finance management system
- Manage our supported housing projects
- Manage client house duties
- Contribute to our social media presence
- General administration
- Achieve service performance targets and objectives and maintain service standards.
- Undertake ongoing professional development and keep abreast of relevant housing legislation, case law, best practice and council policy and procedures.
- Actively promote and uphold Ashford Place’s Code of Conduct, Values, priorities and customer service standards.
- Implement Ashford Place’s Equal Opportunities policies and to work actively to overcome discrimination on grounds of race, sex, disability, sexuality or status within Ashford Place’s service. To take responsibility appropriate to the post for tackling racism and promoting good race, ethnic and community relations.
- Ensure all appropriate aspects of health and safety are applied in respect of the staff group i.e. lone working policy, outreach risk assessments etc.
- The post holder will be required to undertake any other duties to meet the demands of the service as required within the grade and competence of the post.
The post holder is required to hold a valid Enhanced Disclosure from the DBS.
To apply, please complete the the application forms and return it via email to firstname.lastname@example.org