(Note these are initial dates and may be subject to change with both parties agreement)
At Ashford Place, we run a project, which is unique in London, a direct access assessment centre that is open 24/7, 365 days a year. Its goal is to provide emergency accommodation for up to 30 rough sleepers a night, providing them with the support needed to move into long-term accommodation and address their underlying needs.
We are moving into our 5th year, and in that time have provided emergency accommodation for over 400 homeless people. They have come from every corner of the planet, with so many different stories and journeys, but the same ambition: To live a better and more prosperous life.
We are looking for a committed, empathetic, imaginative and computer literate individual who has the determination to change the lives of others for the better, who will not accept things as they are with people sleeping on the streets of our city.
This role will allow you be forever be part of the solution.
This work requires you to
1:) Be on duty during the hours of 11PM-8AM two night a week. The overnight period is when the majority of our clients are sleeping in the building, and it will be your responsibility to ensure that the centre is calm and orderely during this time. We are looking for someone who is mentally robust and will be always able to show empathy during this period.
This role includes:
- Providing emotional support to vulnerable clients and building empathy with them.
- Ensuring that only those who are booked into the centre stay there at night.
- Ensuring that clients abide by the rules of the building throughout the night.
- Carry out regular checks of the building throughout the night.
- Keeping track of maintanence work and reporting back to the line manager.
- Resolving and recording any incidents that take place throughout the night.
2:) Be on duty during the hours of 9.30am-3.30am Thursday. During this time you will:
- Assessing new clients and making recommendations to the team about which client to book into the Assessment Centre.
- Developing a detailed support plan with each client on your caseload.
- Identifying their support needs and assisting them with each support need.
- Finding accommodation for these clients and using ingenuity in sourcing new accommodation routes
For an experience of diversity, there is no better place in the UK, as we have people from the all over the world including Eastern Europeans, Africans, South East Asians, and recent refugees from the conflicts in Syria, Eritrea, and Sudan. The people you meet, the stories they will tell, the peace you will get from the environment and the good you will feel in yourself for doing this, none of it can be overstated enough.
You can watch some of our videos here including the visit of our patron Ben Bailey 'Doc Brown' Smith on our website.
Additional responsibilities of the support worker include:
- Undertake ongoing professional development, attending training that is deemed necessary following supervision and appraisal.
- Supervision of volunteers.
- Actively promote and uphold Ashford Place’s Code of Conduct, Values, priorities and customer service standards.
- Implement Ashford Place’s Equal Opportunities policies and to work actively to overcome discrimination on grounds of race, sex, disability, sexuality or status within Ashford Place’s service. To take responsibility appropriate to the post for tackling racism and promoting good race, ethnic and community relations.
- Ensure all appropriate aspects of health and safety are applied in respect of the staff group i.e. lone working policy, outreach risk assessments etc.
- The post holder will be required to undertake any other duties to meet the demands of the service as required within the grade and competence of the post.
The post holder is required to hold a valid Enhanced Disclosure from the DBS.
To apply please send in CV and cover letter to email@example.com . If shortlisted you will be invited to interview. If employed, you must be prepared for an immediate start.
Closing date: 18/12/2020
(We reserve the right to close this advert before this date. Interviews may take place as soon as we receive applications)